Between our two kids we've got apraxia of speech, sensory issues and attention deficit disorder with a side of anxiety, compulsive behaviors and, depending on the week, tics. Things may be complicated in our house but, hey, at least they're unpredictable.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I've Been Tagged

I’ve seen the other kids playing for some time now and today I was invited to join them.

My fellow writer Candy Harrington (whose website www.emerginghorizons.com is a great resource for travelers with mobility disabilities) has “tagged” me in a blogger’s game called Barrierfreiheit Meme.
I answer a list of questions here on my blog and then invite four other bloggers to play. The idea is for you, my dear readers, to learn a bit more about me and visit some blogs that you might not have known about otherwise. So, here we go…


Four Jobs In My Life
Order taker at Wendy’s (I was 14)
Library clerk at the university math library (If you knew how poorly I did in high school math, you’d know how funny this was.)
Advertising copywriter (I wrote ads for Oriental rugs, lottery tickets and photo processing services. It wasn’t Nike, but for a long time, I really loved it.)
Magazine editor (The job I loved – and left to take care of my, at the time, newly diagnosed son.)

Four Films I Could Watch Over and Over
The Shawshank Redemption
Sixteen Candles/Valley Girl/Breakfast Club (Yes, I’m trapped in the 80s.)
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
Shrek (1 and 2)

Four Places I Have Lived
Brooklyn, New York
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Dallas, Texas
Farmington, Michigan

Four TV Series I Like
Desperate Housewives
Grey’s Anatomy
Lost
American Idol


Four Places I’ve Been on Vacation
Auckland, New Zealand
Torremolinos, Spain
Florence, Italy
Walt Disney World, Florida

Four Foods I Love
Chocolate ice cream
Any Asian food
New York pizza
Pasta

Four Websites I Visit Daily
www.freelancesuccess.com
www.asja.org
www.diaperstodeadlines.typepad.com
www.searchengineguide.com/laycock

Four Places I’d Rather Be Right Now
On my massage therapist’s table
Done with writing my book
At a lower weight
In my family room watching American Idol and eating chocolate ice cream

Four Bloggers Who Should Play
Terri Mauro
www.mamatude.blogspot.com
Don’t know her name, but love her blog
www.momnos.blogspot.com
Jack Smynde
www.portraitoftheautistasayoungman.blogspot.com
Joy Lian
www.meshsf.com/blogs/restaurantwhore.html

1 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, February 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must really miss that last job, sometimes. I'll take your tag, thanks! It might take me a few days, though. 8^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home